Why we Suffer

Even if the day ever dawns in which it will not be needed for fighting the old heavy battles against Nature, muscular vigor will still always be needed to furnish the background of sanity, serenity, and cheerfulness to life, to give moral elasticity to our disposition, to round off the wiry edge of our fretfulness, and make us good-humored and easy of approach. William James (1892)

Its that time of year to lay down some goals for next year. I am extremely happy to have the health of body and mind to lay down the plans for another year. Good luck to everybody else who is gearing up for another amazing year!



I am going to go for the 40 at 40 challenge this year. A Sub 40 10k has been something in the back of my mind for years but I never pulled it off. I figured it was never going to happen, but I have decided to give it a shot for 2010. Should be a lot of fun.

Comments

jmilliron said…
Great quote.
nrmrvrk said…
Wow, 20x400 for your last track session. Smells like old school Galloway.

Good luck on your 50K this weekend. Great way to increase your long run to prepare for that 10K. :-)
Chris O'Keefe said…
My calf was not quite up for the 50k yet. Did 12 miles instead as it must have a tear in it. Going to have to do some resting with it before I can go long or hit the speed hard !
nrmrvrk said…
have you tried The Stick on your calves / legs yet?