Pescadero Ride

Road up Page Mill this afternoon leaving the house at 1:00 PM. We descended down Alpine and climbed up Haskins grade before descending down to Pescadero. Was really descending great today for some reason. The Scott bike really feels secure on the descends and gives me a lot of confidence. I was climbing really great today and held 11 MPH on that little bump right after going under 280 on Arastradero. Did not even hurt. Never been able to do that before. Martin was rolling with his mountain bike so I did some hill sprints up Page Mill and waited for him to catch me. He was sporting aerobars on his mountain bike making for a one in a million ride. We were running out of light and had to climb Hwy 84 instead of Tunitas Creek. We descended 84 right before dark and managed to keep up with a car on the descent. Pulled in at 6:45 PM well into the dark. Great ride as I felt damn strong out there. The Selle Italia SLR I slipped on for fun was light at 130 grams, but started to hurt after 3 hours. Felt like somebody spanked me hard. I am not sure these types of lightweight saddles are going to handle DMD. I am hoping the Arione works out. I got Swiss Stop brake pads when I had the Scott built up. They are amazing and I have never had brakes like this before. Getting your brakes working great does wonders for you descending. These pads are expensive, but I would recommend them as it feels like I have double the stopping power I used to have.

71.5 Miles
6200 Feet of Climb
5 hours
14.3 MPH

Comments