Murder in Mountain View

Mountain View Mini Tour at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:Share GPS tracks

Trip Stats
Duration: 1 hour, 55 minutes, 22 seconds
Length: 10.5 miles
Vertical up: 1253.7 ft
Vertical down: 1280.5 ft
Average speed: 5.5 mph


Was running at night alone with my ipod cranking on a moonless night along the bay trails. I was feeling amazing last night, almost euphoric as I passed the Googleplex and towards Shoreline golf course where I have taken to a bad habit of running down the fairways at night. There is something about running at night with your music cranking on pitch black trails that is very exhilarating and scary at the same time. I was running down the 18th fairway at Shoreline road about 90% cranking hendrix on my ipod and life was good. Running along the dark trails near NASA Ames at 10:00 PM I was remebering my old life of working at NASA Ames in college and after and thinking how it felt like a different life. All of a sudden I got this intangible fear and I would start running faster thinking somebody was following me. I would turn around and see nobody and calm down. At one point on a long bridge that goes over Central Expwy on Stevens Creek trail I got the willies as a lone figure passed me. As soon as we crossed paths I started running a 7 minute pace automatically speeding up trying to outrun this phantom that was causing me to be scared for no apparent reason other than plain stark naked fear. I kept running to El Camino where the lights of the city calmed me down and I headed back home.

On Higdon road right near Villa I saw a ton of cops. A young kid was just shot and killed.

Comments

nrmrvrk said…
Running on the fairways at night == awesome! I love it. Glad that you're getting your night time freak on.